NetBSD/bebox is the port of NetBSD to Be Inc's BeBox.
Current status is “Experimental port”.
1.5.1_BETA snapshot available
A NetBSD/bebox 1.5.1_BETA snapshot, based off of 1.5.1 sources
as of 2001-04-06, is now available in the NetBSD/bebox
snapshot area of the ftp server
NetBSD 1.5.1 was released on July 11th, 2001).
Linux compatibility enabled for PowerPC ports
Emmanuel Dreyfus has integrated Linux binary compatibility for
PowerPC ports. This means that NetBSD/bebox should now be able to run
such as Netscape Communicator.
Some recent changes to NetBSD/bebox
Allen Briggs has added the ex(4) driver (3Com 3c90x[BC]) to
NetBSD/bebox, and used it for a NFS-based boot. This requires
configuring the PCI bus at boot time, which requires the
PCI_NETBSD_CONFIGURE option to exist in your
kernel configuration file.
Also, in addition to the tested 3Com card, all PCI devices supported
under NetBSD/macppc should now work.
Please tell the folks at the
port-bebox if you have any problems.
SCSI support is under development.
Archive of NetBSD/bebox news items
Supported System Models
All BeBox models/revisions are supported in NetBSD/bebox.
- BeBox Dual603-66
- BeBox Dual603-133
- Single CPU support (CPU1 illuminates LED)
- IDE hard disk controllers and drives
- Floppy controllers (not integrated yet)
- VGA Display Adapters
- Tested only S3 Trio64 (PCI)
- Ethernet adapters
- Novell NE2000 compatible (ISA)
- Serial ports
- On-board SERIAL1, SERIAL2
- support for serial console
- Parallel ports (not tested)
- AT keyboard
- Support SCSI 53C810 (under development)
- Support Sound CS4231A
- Support for SERIAL3, SERIAL4
- X Window System